The Management Wisdom of Yogi Berra
Baseball and business have teams, leaders, coaches and fans (customers). Which of Yogi's saying from his career as a player and coach apply to the business world?
1. "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
2. "If you don't know where you're going - you're liable to end up someplace else."
3. "Ninety percent of baseball is mental, the other half is physical."
4. "You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn't enough, in the second half, you have to give what is left."
5. "You can observe a lot just by watching".
6. "It ain't over until its over."
7. "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell them."
9. "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore - its always too crowded"
10. "Half the lies they tell me aren't true."
11. "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."
12. "If the fans don't come out to the ball park, you can't stop them."
13. "It gets late out there early."
14. "Even Napoleon had his Watergate."
15. "You can't think and hit at the same time."
16. "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
17. "I made the wrong mistake."
18. "Why buy good luggage. You only use it when you travel."
19. "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
Return to Tools Page here.